Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Hand that Feeds

It's the weekend, time to loosen up the legs. Nowadays the idea of being just lazy and waking up late during weekend is becoming far from every one's mind. When I started my run this morning at Bukit Shahbandar at 6.20 am, I saw several people were already coming out of the hills.....boy...were they early!

This week I could only trudge the hills slowly, may be the body is still feeling the strain after donating blood last week. That was my 25th. I was given a restraining order - to stop any form of heavy exercise for the next immediate period. A week passed I wasn't conforming to say the least, I did five rounds on the hills.

I must say living in Bumi Bertuah is a real blessing for everyones. Rich in its natural beauty and resources, people in this land are luckier than most part of the world. However we need to be cautious and be prepared for the future. Lately there are increasing occasions in Bumi Bertuah where social welfare has blown to a different level, that the nation is now like running a big charity organisation. To the point that many only know what's next to receive than to give. However, as Bumi Bertuah is in a critical stage of nation and infrastructure building, its capacity to deliver all these social services and maintain its welfare status is unsustainable in the long run. You should never bite the hand that feeds you.

No comments:

Post a Comment