On this trip to the land of no natural resources but plenty of smart people and innovative ideas, I am staying at their latest attraction - the landmark Marina Bay Sands Hotel which has nearly 2,600 rooms! I always envy those who have been here before and having first hand experience of being up there on the 57th floor. This is where the SkyPark and the amazing swimming pool are located, offering the most breathtaking views of the city of Singapore. What is even more incredible is that this part of Marina Bay development was an empty piece of reclaimed land just three years ago.
For the next few days, I'll be passing by the Casino next door on my way to place of work at the Convention Centre. That Casino is just amazing, full of overtly rich people, having the most stupefying moment of their lives in parting away with their hard-earned money. Indeed there are rows of ATM machines lining up outside the casino to feed the frenzy minds and the only winner is the Casino. Last year, the Casino generated 1.7% increase GDP for the country in the 9 months it operated!

No comments:
Post a Comment