It's the first day on leave. So far managed to keep self busy, running 12 km and done a few errands at the government offices and shops. But one would not missed from the media that today is Earth Day - it seems to be the order of the day. As like every good teenagers around the world, our kids switched off the lights at home at 8.30 pm for an hour. Nowadays everybody seems to be eco warriors and having global mindset. It is as if everything that we do has to be tied in to some global initiatives. Even sometimes I feel irritated that there are so much global news on television and hardly any local ones. At times I get to know car accidents in some corners of the world but ironically the recent road accident that killed three people back home hardly get reported. At other times I get to watch bush fires in Australia or California but hardly see any coverage of bush fires that are becoming rampant down the road here. Not that I am against having a global mindset but lets not forget our roots as well.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Time Off
It's the first day on leave. So far managed to keep self busy, running 12 km and done a few errands at the government offices and shops. But one would not missed from the media that today is Earth Day - it seems to be the order of the day. As like every good teenagers around the world, our kids switched off the lights at home at 8.30 pm for an hour. Nowadays everybody seems to be eco warriors and having global mindset. It is as if everything that we do has to be tied in to some global initiatives. Even sometimes I feel irritated that there are so much global news on television and hardly any local ones. At times I get to know car accidents in some corners of the world but ironically the recent road accident that killed three people back home hardly get reported. At other times I get to watch bush fires in Australia or California but hardly see any coverage of bush fires that are becoming rampant down the road here. Not that I am against having a global mindset but lets not forget our roots as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment