Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Breaking the Mental Barrier

After months of training, with lots of perseverance and discipline, I finally reached my goal.... to eventually run a half marathon distance today. It has been hard, most of the time fighting the mental barrier, bits by bits building and maintaining the distance, and finally I managed to break my 18 km barrier to run the 21.1 km distance. The speed is still below 8 km/hr, nontheless to keep on running for more than two and a half hours is a real feat for me.

So the next target is to increase the pace and go for the ultimate goal - full marathon. Hopefully!!

I'm taking a week off from work this week - my first real break for 5 months. Took the opportunity to settle a lot of things, mostly to do with banks, bills and government matters that were well overdue to be settled.

When I went to downtown (Bandar) today, the place was awfully quiet. There was hardly a moving car as I was walking along the roads. And going to shops and other places was quite pleasant driving. There were hardly any traffic jam. It's the school holiday and many people are either on holiday overseas or just locked themselves at home or in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment