I came to know this new word from the local radio - Shahbandaring - I guess it means the act of going to Bukit Shahbandar for a bit of walk and exercising. Indeed I can be counted as a regular Shahbandaring person .
For the regulars, one of the most annoying part of the park is the large troop of monkeys scavenging the dustbins and sittings on cars. Although they are not aggressive but can be quite menacing when in a group and dangerous for children.
There is now some development going on in Bukit Shahbandar to spruce up the place and provide more decent facilities for the general public. A new toilet block is in the making which will be a most welcomed addition to the park.

The backtracks however need a bit of attention. The small bridge across one of the stream is nearly collapsing. It has been like this for the last three months. With the current prolong wet condition in Bumi Bertuah, some of the trails are fast deteriorating due to erosion and are becoming slippery. Hopefully the park wardens have plan to rectify the problem.

No comments:
Post a Comment