Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jewel of the Persian Gulf

Now and towards the end of the year is probably the best time to visit the place because of the pleasant weather.

The place is well developed, sustained by the huge amount oil produced but more importantly helped by a forward thinking leadership.

The place I stayed, Grand Hyatt, is quite a place if that is not an understatement. Similar in a way to the Empire hotel, its 280 rooms are mostly outlandish in size. The place was full helped by the over 100-strong Chinese delegation staying over as part of the Chinese vice president entourage.

I have not had the chance to venture anyway beyond the hotel parameters yet for the last three days but looking forward for venture out once normal business is done.

I had the chance to have dinner with an Omani friend whom I used to work together with and last saw him 6 years ago. Indeed as he said things are more liberal here than some would like it to be. It seems that the whole place in the Persian Gulf are competing against each other for tourism that clubs and bars are becoming common sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment